- Gram Flour ( Besan) - 2 Cups
- Asafoetida - 1-2 pinch
- Red chilli powder - 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Tomato puree - 2-3 tbsp
- Oil for deep frying
- Sieve gram flour & add asafoetida, red chilli powder & salt. Mix gently.
- Knead a semi-soft dough using the tomato puree if needed add little water.
- Rub with an oiled palm & divide in a small portions.
- Heat oil in a kadai & place a portion of the dough into sev maker to which a medium-holed plate has been attached.
- Press out sev into the hot oil a little a time. Fry on both sides till pinkish red.
- Drain on paper & store in an airtight container once it cool down.