- 250 gms. paneer (cottge cheese)
- 3 tbsp. ghee or butter
- 1 onion chopped into strips
- 1/2" piece ginger chopped fine
- 2 green chillies chopped fine
- 4 tomatoes chopped fine
- 2 cardamoms crushed
- 1/4 cup beaten curd
- 2 tsp kasuri methi or fenugreek leaves
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1/2 tsp. red chilli powder
- pinch of orange color
- 1/2 tsp. garam masala
- salt to taste
- 1/2 cup milk or cream
- 2 tbsp. tomato sauce
2 tbsp. grated paneer
1 tbsp. chopped coriander
- Chop the paneer into 2" pieces.
- Heat half the ghee. Add onion,ginger, green chilli and cardamom. Fry for 3-4 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and cook for 7-8 minutes, covered.
- Add curd and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add 1/2 cup water and cool.
- Blend in a mixie till smooth.
- Heat remaining ghee, add bay leaf, gravy and other ingredients except milk and paneer.
- Boil to get a very thick gravy.
- Just before serving, heat gravy, add milk and paneer pieces and boil for 3-4 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped coriander and grated paneer.