One of my best friend made this soup. We love this soup very much, it is very healthy & testy specially in winter. You will enjoy it !
- 1 tbsp butter
- 3/4th cup chopped onions
- 1 tsp garlic- chopped
- 1 inch ginger- chopped
- 4 cloves
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 medium-sized carrots
- salt to taste
- white pepper to taste
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp coriander
- Heat butter, add the bay leaves and cloves.
- Add the onions and saute till golden brown.
- Next add the garlic and ginger and saute for 5 more minutes.
- Add the carrots and salt and let cook, covered for 8-10 minutes.
- Next add enough water to cover the carrots and cook till they are completely done.
- When cooled, blend it till you have a smooth puree.
- Add water as required (for the soup consistency you desire) and heat the soup again.
- Add lemon/lime juice, coriander and white pepper .
- serve hot.