- 500 gms. tomatoes ripe
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 bayleaf
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon-clove powder
- 1/4 tsp. red chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp. cumin powder
- 1 tsp. butter
- 1/2 tbsp. plain flour
- 1 clove garlic
- Pressure cook the tomatoes (about 2 whistles). Blend till smooth. Strain to remove seeds and peels.
- Heat butter in a pan, add the bayleaf, garlic (whole) and fry for a few seconds.
- Add tomato puree. Stir. Dissolve the flour in a little water till smooth.
Add the flour paste, stirring continuously, bring to a boil.
- Add the seasoning, salt and sugar.
- Simmer for 5-7 minutes.
- Serve hot with bread croutons, a swirl of fresh cream, and pepper.