- 1/2 Cup Ghee or 1 Stick melted unsalted butter
- 1/2 Cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp Cardamom Powder
- 1 Cup All Purpose Flour (Maida)
- 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
- Pinch of Salt
- Few sliced almond or pistachio
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl, combine powdered sugar (little at a time) with the ghee until mixture is light and creamy.
- Add Cardamom Powder and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, sift All Purpose Flour with Baking Powder and Salt.
- Combine Flour mixture (little at a time) with ghee & sugar mixture to form a soft dough.
- Wrap dough in plastic wrap and let it rest for 15-20 minutes.
- Knead dough once again and divide into 12-15 equal portions.
- Roll each portion into a smooth ball with no cracks and place on a cookie sheet lined with wax/parchment paper or lightly greased foil. Leave space between dough balls.
- Put few pieces of almonds or pistachios and press them into the dough gently.
- Bake on the middle rack for 22-25 minutes, nan khatai should remain white.
- Remove from oven and let the nan khatai cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely before eating.