- 2 cups of shredded or mashed potato
- 2 -3 tbsp bread crumbs
- 1 tsp salt
- Oil for shallow fry
For Stuffing / Filling
- 1/3 cup green peas boiled and drained
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1 tbsp green chili minced
- Chopped cilantro
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp oil
- 1/2 cup yogurt whipped
- ¼ cup cilantro chutney
- ¼ cup tamarind chutney
- Boil green peas for 5 mins then drain the water from the peas and lightly mash.
- Heat the oil in a small pan over medium heat; add all the filling ingredients, stir fry for about 2 min. Keep the filling little moist. Set aside.
- Add the salt and bread crumb into the mashed potatoes and knead to make the dough.
- Divide the potatoe mixture into 8-10 equal parts.
- Takes one part of the potato dough, make a ball and flatten over the oiled palm. Put about 1 tsp of filling in the center and wrap around with potato. Lightly flatten the filled balls to patties. Make all the patties.
- Heat non stick heavy skillet on medium high heat, generously greased the skillet. Place the tikkies on the skillet, making sure they are not touching each other and has some space all around.
- Oil the tikkies from the top. Cook them for about 1 minute and turn them over, tikkies should be light golden brown. Oil the tikkies from the top and lightly press with spatula.
- Turn the tikkies 3-4 times as needed to make sure tikkies are nice and crispy. Brush the oil lightly every time when you turn the tikkies over and also press with spatula.
- Tikkies are served along with tamarind chutney, cilantro chutney and yogurt. You can also serve them with spicy chole.