For Vada :
- Sprouted matki (moth) - 1/2 Cup
- Chana dal (Gram lentil) - 2 Tbsp
- Urad Dal (Black lentil) - 1/4 Cup
- Moong dal - 1/4 Cup
- Chopped cilantro (Kothimbir) - 1/4 Cup
- Cumin seeds - 1 Tbsp
- Red chili powder - 1 Tsp or to taste
- Salt - 3 Tsp or to taste
- Green chili paste - 1 Tsp or to taste
- Garlic paste - 1 Tsp
- Oil - 1 Tsp
For Bhat :
- Rice - 1 1/2 Cup
- Oil - 2 Tbsp
- Red chilli powder - 1 Tsp
- Curry leaves (optional) - 4-5
- Oil - 2 Tbsp
- Mustard seeds - 1 Tsp
- Cumin seeds - 1 Tsp
- Asafoetida - 1/4 Tsp
- Dry red chili - 2-3
- Curry leaves - 5-6
- Soak chana dal, urad dal and moong dal for 2 hrs in lukewarm water.
- Wash rice till water runs clean, soak for 15 mins.
- Grind soaked dal and sprouted matki coarsely in grinder.
- In a bowl mix grinded dal mixture, cilantro, garlic paste, cumin seeds, red chili powder, green chili paste, oil and salt and mix well.
- Make 8-10 medium sice balls from this mixture. Apply some oil to your plalm while making the balls so the mixture won't be sticky.
- Heat oil in kadai or in dig sauce pan and add curry leave & red chilli powser then add soaked rice and cook till half done on medium flame.
- When rice is half done place all dal mixture balls on it & cover with lid. Now cook this rice completly on medium flame.
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil in another pan for tempering and crackle mustard seeds. Add cumin seeds, asafoetida, curry leaves and dry red chilies fry for a moment and switch off stove.
- Serve a plate of rice with vada. Crumble vadas then add tadka and enjoy with kadhi or any saar or rasam.