- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 bunch spring onion onion, chopped
- 3/4 cups Jasmine rice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp dried basil leaves
- 1 medium beets, peeled & grated (about 1 cup)
- 2 kale leaves, finely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 2 cups vegetable broth or plain water
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- Salt, to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan set over medium heat.
- Add the spring onion and cook until they are tender, about 2 minutes.
- To the onions, add the rice, garlic, vinegar and basil. Stir, cooking, until the rice is coated, about 1 minute.
- Stir in the beets, kale and vegetable broth.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then cover and reduce heat to medium-low.
- Cook until almost all of the liquid is absorbed, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper. Garnish with chopped sprin onion & chopped kale leaves. Serve warm with any delicious curry.