Mar 16, 2010
Microwave Egg less Cake
• Maida (plain flour) - 1 cup
• Milk - 1 1/2 cups
• Cocoa powder - 1 1/2 tsp
• Vanilla essence - few drops
• Sugar - 1 cup
• Oil - 3/4 cup
• Baking soda -1 tsp
• Raisins - 1/4 cup
• Chopped nuts - a hand full
• Boil milk in a pan, Add the raisins and allow the milk to cool down.
• Blend this mixture in a blender till the raisins are ground well.
• Add the oil and blend again till it becomes thick in consistency.
• Add the sugar and again blend for another few minutes.
• Transfer this mixture into a bowl.
• Sieve the Maida along with the baking powder and cocoa powder.
• Add the flour little by little to the blended mixture and gently mix in 1 direction only.
• Add to this, the chopped nuts dusted in a little flour and the vanilla essence and again mix gently.
• Grease a large microwavable dish and pour in the batter.
Microwave for 10 minutes on high checking once in between.
• Allow to stand for 2 minutes.
• Remove the cake and allow cooling.
3 Cups powdered sugar
2/3 Cup baking cocoa powder
1/3 Cup milk
½ Cup butter
1 tsp vanilla
Blend sugar and cocoa powder. Melt butter, then add butter, milk and vanilla to sugar/ cocoa powder mixture. Beat for a few minutes until well blended. Frost cooled cake.