- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 cup brown sugar or regular sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract (optional)
- 2 large ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup fresh strawberries cut into small pieces
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour or maida
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F . Line a cookie sheet with paper liners or grease with butter.
- In a small saucepan melt the butter. Set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl whisk together the brown sugar, vanilla extract and mashed banana. Add the melted butter to the brown sugar mixture and stir to combine.
- In another large mixing bowl combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- Gently fold in the berries, making sure they are coated with flour.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir only until the ingredients are just combined.
- Divide the batter evenly on the cookie sheet, using one small spoon or an ice cream scoop. Place in the oven and bake for 12-15 min.
Makes 25-30 cookies.