Navratan Korma is a Mughlai Dish generally served with naan or parotha or kulchas.
The name Navratan means nine gems so this korma is made by using nine kind of vegetables , dry fruits & paneer.
- 4 tbsp oil or butter
- 1/2 cup cashews & raisins
- 1 cup paneer cubes
- 2 medium-sized onions chopped or fine paste
- 2 tsp garlic paste
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 3 tomatoes chopped or paste
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- 1 cup peeled, cubed potato
- 10-12 french beans chopped in to 1-2 inches
- 2 medium carrots chopped into small cubes
- 1/2 cup green peas
- 1 cup cauliflower florets
- 1 medium-sized green bell pepper, seeds removed and cut into 1" squares
- 1 cup pineapple cubes (optional)
- 3 tbsp heavy cream or sour cream
- Salt to taste
- Cut all the vegetables & boil in a microwave or in pressure cooker. In microwave cook for 10-15 min. In pressure cooker make two whistles.
- Heat a deep pan on medium flame and add 1 tsp of butter to it. Now add the cashews & raisins and fry till slightly darker. Remove and keep aside on paper towels, for later use.
- Do the same for the paneer cubes and keep aside for later.
- In the same pan, add the remaining butter and heat. Now add the onion paste and fry till slightly browned.
- Add the garlic and ginger pastes and fry for 1 minute. Now add the tomato paste and fry for another 1 minute.
- Add all the spice powders and fry the masala till the butter begins to separate from it.
- Stir often to keep the masala from sticking to the pan and burning.
- Now add 1 cup of warm water to this masala and mix well. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add all the vegetables, pineapple, paneer and previously fried cashews & raisins. Mix gently but well making sure not to mash or break the pieces of the vegetable. Cook till veggies are done.
- Add the cream, season with salt to taste, stir and turn off heat.
- Serve with hot roti or naan.