Jul 28, 2010
Banana Strawberry Cake
• 3to4 tbsp unsalted butter at room temperature
• 11/4 cups plain flour
• 1/4 tsp salt
• 1/4 tsp vanilla extract/vanilla essence
• 1/2 cup sugar + 1 tsp for dusting strawberries & banana
• 2 1/2tsp baking powder
• 1/2 cup milk
• 1 cup fresh strawberries chopped
1 cup banana chopped
• a few drops of lemon juice
• Sprinkle 1 tsp sugar and lemon juice on chopped strawberries and banana and keep aside. This will make them a little moist and juicy.
• Sift together the baking powder, salt and flour.
• Next, whisk the butter and sugar to creamy texture.
• Then add a little flour to the butter and sugar mixture.
• Mix it and then add a little milk and mix. This way, add all the flour and milk little by little stirring to avoid lumps formation throughout.
• Finally, fold in the strawberries and banana to the batter using a spatula.
• Grease and dust baking pan with butter & a little flour to prevent cake from sticking.
• Bake in a 375 degrees F preheated oven for about 35-40 minutes.
• Remove from oven and let cool before cutting pieces