- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1 medium potato, peeled and cubed
- 4 cups fresh broccoli, including stems, chopped
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- Heat oil on medium heat in a soup pot.
- Gently sauté onion and celery for 3-4 minutes, until onion is softened.
- Add potato and chopped broccoli, followed by the broth and milk.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes, until vegetables are tender.
- Allow soup to cool slightly, then transfer to a blender in 2-3 batches, and blend until smooth.
- Return soup to pot and heat gently until ready to serve.