Meetha Chawal........For people who like it sweet & the flavor of coconut !!!!!
- 1 cup basmati rice cooked
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup fresh, grated coconut
- 1/3 cup ghee
- 1 tsp kesar/saffron soaked in 1/2 cup warm water
- 1/2 tsp powdered cardamom
- 5-6 cloves
- 1/4 cup raisins fried in 1 table spoon ghee
- Soak rice in water for about 15 minutes and then cook with 2 1/4 cup water. I cook it in microwave. It takes about 15 minutes.
- Keep the rice aside, covered, for about 10 minutes. Then gently stir it to get the air out.
- In a big pan, bring 3/4 cup water to boil.
- Add sugar and coconut to the boiling water and cook on low heat for about 10 minutes until nice aroma emanates from the mixture.
- Add Cooked rice to this mixture and add 1/3 cup ghee.
- Mix well, and add saffron water and cardamom.
- On low heat, cook the mixture for about 15 minutes stirring every 10-15 seconds.
- By this time rice will have soaked all the sweet liquid.
- Add raisins and cloves