This receipt was quick & so easy that it was almost unbelievable. It was perfect for a cozy night :)
- 2 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 1/2 cups golden brown sugar
- 1 cup all wheat flour
- 1 cup (2 sticks) chilled unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- Nonstick vegetable oil spray
- 4 pounds large Green or Gala apples, peeled, halved, cored, each half cut into 6 slices
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg powder
- Vanilla ice cream
- Mix oats, 1 cup sugar, and flour in bowl. Add butter; rub in with fingertips until topping comes together in moist clumps.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray glass baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Mix apples, lemon juice, cinnamon, nutmeg powder and 1/2 cup brown sugar in bowl.
- Transfer to dish. Sprinkle topping over.
- Bake crumble until apples are tender and topping is brown and crisp, about 50-55 minutes.
- Cool slightly. Spoon warm crumble into bowls.
- Serve with ice cream.
Enjoy this delicious dessert...