Spicy green pulao ........For people who like it spicy and hot !!!!!
- 1 cup Basmati rice
- 1 cup Green Masala
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil or unsalted butter
- 1 large onion sliced thin
- 1/2 cup green peas
- 1/2 cup green beans chopped
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 large bay leaf broken into smaller bits
- 4-5 cloves
- 3-4 cardamom pods split
- 1"piece of cinnamon
- 8-10 black peppercorns
- Salt to taste
- 2 tsp sugar
For Green Masala
- 2 big bunches of coriander
- 1 bunch of spinach
- 1 large pod of garlic
- 3" piece of fresh ginger
- Green chillies to taste
- 1stick of cinnamon
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- 4-5 cloves (optional)
- Grind all the ingredients into a smooth paste. Add water only if required to facilitate grinding.
- Wash the basmati rice well and keep aside to soak for 10 minutes.
- Prepare 1 cup of the green masala as per instructions. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep heavy-bottomed pan and add the cumin seeds. Cook till they stop spluttering. Add all the other whole spices and fry for a minute.
- Add the onion and fry till soft.
- Add green peas & chopped green beans & cook for 2-3 min.
- Drain and add the rice and mix well.
- Add the Green Masala, 1 1/2 cups of water, sugar and salt to taste. Mix well and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the flame to a simmer, cover partially and cook till the rice is done.