- 4 Cups diced pear
- 2 Cups unsweetened apple juice
- 1&1/2 cup brown sugar
- 6 Tbsp butter or ghee
- Pinch of salt
- 1 Tsp cinnamon powder
- 2 Cups raisins
- 3 Cups all purpose flour
- 2 Tsp baking powder
- 1 Cup chopped almonds
- In a large sauce pan, bring the first 7 ingredients to a boil. Reduce heat, simmer for 5 min.uncovered. Remove from heat & cool to room temp.
- Meanwhile preheat oven to 350F.for 15 min.
- Lightly grease the pan with non stick cooking spray & sprinkled some all purpose flour.
- In a large bowl combine a flour, baking soda & chopped almonds. Fold in the pear mixture.
- Transfer batter to the prepared pan, bake for about 40-45 min. or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10-15 min & serve.