Sometime I am wondering what to do with leftover idlis, there are number of dishes which we can be prepared by using leftover idlis. Here is the one of the dish that I prepared first time & it came out very good with different taste.
- 6-8 leftover idlis cut into half
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 3-4 green chilies finely chopped
- 4-5 curry leaves
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp sugar
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp urad dal
- Chopped cilantro
- Heat oil in a nonstick pan. Add mustard seeds, cumin seeds.
- Once they splutter add urad dal, chopped green chili, ginger paste & curry leaves. Fry for 2 min.
- Then add chopped onion & fry till its little brownish.
- Then add turmeric powder, salt & sugar. Cook for 1 min.
- To this add the idli pieces. Simmer for 2 min.& cover with lid.
- Idli will absorb the oil & it will become soft you may add some water also for softness.
- Sprinkle some chopped cilantro & cook for 1-2 min.
- Serve with green chutney or podi.