This cake is so moist it doesn't need frosting. Simply sprinkle powdered sugar over the top.
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour / maida
- 1/4 cup dutch-processed cocoa powder (unsweetened)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup cold water
- 6 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- sifted powdered sugar for dusting cake
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 9"x9" square baking dish or a circular dish with Pam and lightly flour.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, cocoa powder, sugar, salt and baking soda.
- Using a spoon, make three wells in the dry ingredients. Pour oil into one, vinegar into another and vanilla into the third.
- Slowly pour water over all. Blend using hand mixer on low speed until thoroughly combined. Batter will be thin.
- Pour batter into pan. Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Insert a toothpick to ensure cake is baked properly. Cool on a wire rack.
- Dust top of the cake with powdered sugar. Cut and serve warm or at room temperature.