This soup is fast and easy to make, and tastes delicious. This soup was so satisfying to eat on a freezing cold day. It makes you feel cozy :)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups diced fresh red or green bell pepper and onion mix
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper, or to taste optional
- 1 cup diced tomatoes or can be use fire-roasted tomatoes.
- 2 cups hot water
- 1 teaspoon dried basil or marjoram
- 8 to 10 frozen Spinach Ravioli, preferably whole-wheat
- 2 cups diced zucchini, (about 2 medium)
- 1/2 cup carrot diced (optional)
- 1/2 cup green peas (optional)
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add pepper-onion mix, garlic and crushed red pepper if using and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes, water and basil (or marjoram); bring to a rolling boil over high heat.
- Add ravioli and cook for 3 minutes less than the package directions.
- Add zucchini, carrot, green peas and return to a boil.
- Cook until the zucchini & carrot is crisp-tender, about 3-4 minutes.
- Season with salt & pepper.