This is an heavenly delicious dessert…simple recipe. You can use Canned Mango Pulp to make easier but while the mangoes are in season, use the fresh mangoes.
- 2 cups plain yogurt
- 2-3 fresh and ripe mangoes, to make about 1 cup mango pulp (you can use canned mango pulp too)
- sugar to taste
- 1-2 tbsp charoli nuts for garnish (optional) The charoli nut is lentil-sized, is slightly flattened and has an almond-like flavour.
- Few saffron strings for garnish (optional)
- few fresh slices of mangoes for garnish
- If using fresh mango, slice the flesh of the ripe mangoes. Put them in a blender and Process until smooth. You can strain the pulp to remove the strings if any.
- Tie the yogurt in a clean cotton cloth (or cheesecloth) and hang it up for an 4-5 hours or so to drain off all the water. Make sure the yogurt is thick.
- Whisk the yogurt and beat it well. Add sugar little by little and continue to whisk.
- When the yogurt gets light in texture, stir in the mango pulp. Stir it until properly mix and then chill it.
- Serve cold garnished it with saffron, charoli nuts and some sliced mangoes. This is served as a sidedish with chappati, paratha or poori.