- Bhendi / Okra - 15 - 20 medium sized
Masala for stuffing:
- Roasted peanut powder - 4-5 tbsp
- Coconut grated- 2 tbsp
- Cumin powder - 1 tbsp
- Coriander powder - 1 tbsp
- Garam Masala - 1 tbsp
- Amchur Powder - 1 tea spoon
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
- Red chili powder - 1 tea spoon or to taste
- Salt to taste
- Chopped cilantro
- Oil - 2 tbsp
- Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
- Mustard Seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Hing - 1/4 tsp
- Curry Leaves - 4-5
- Wash bhendi and let it dry on pepper towel completely.
- Make slits so that you can stuff the masala inside. Cut it into halves lengthwise.
- In a small bowl, prepare the masala by mixing everything together except for salt.
- In a medium pan, take oil and make tadka by adding mustanrd seeds, cumin seeds, hing, curry leaves.
- Now stir in stuffed bhendi and let those cook properly.
- Sprinkle salt and mix it lightly. Make sure the masala doesn't come out.
- Keep it covered for 3-4 minutes.
- Once bhendi becomes soft and masala is cooked, it's ready to serve hot with rotis or with garlic naan.