- Grated cucumber/kakdi - 1 cup
- Rice flour - 1 cup
- jaggary powder or grated - 1/3 rd cup
- Cumin seeds - 1/4 tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
- Red Chilli powder - 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Chopped cilantro
- Peel and grate the cucumber. Remove the seeds. Add the grated jaggery to it. Heat the nonstick pan on medium high, put cucumber and jaggery mixture in it and the jaggery by heating it on a medium flame.
- Bring to boil the mixture until the jaggery is dissolved and cucumber is cooked. Remove from the flame and cool completely.
- Add salt, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, chopped cilantro and cumin seeds to this mixture.
- Add the rice flour to the mixture by little at a time and mix thoroughly so that they do not form lumps.
- In case the batter becomes too thick add little water. Batter should be in dropping consistency, semi thick.
- Heat a non stick flat pan or tava and apply a ghee or butter on it.
- Spread the ladleful batter on the pan. Put a lid on the pan and cook on a medium flame.
- Cook for couple of mins then flip over and cook on the other side for more couple of mins.
- Serve hot with ghee or butter.