- 2 Cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 Cup maida
- 1 Cup ghee or clarified butter
- Salt to taste
- Water to knead the dough
- In a big bowl add the flours and salt and knead the dough using luke warm water.
- Make it into a pliable soft dough. Keep it covered and set aside for 20-30 minutes.
- After that divide the dough into equal parts.
- Dust the dough in dry atta. Roll it into a big round chapathi.
- Spread this with ghee evenly and sprinkle some atta on this.
- Start making thin pleats out of this and twist the pleated dough. The more the pleats you will get more layers.
- Make it into a pinwheel and dust the rolling board with flour and start rolling gently so that the layers will be there. Make it into a paratha.
- Heat a griddle and cook the parathas on both sides. Apply ghee on both sides.
- Serve hot with any Paneer dish or any other side dish of your choice.