- Wheat flour 1 1/2 cup
- Spinach/ Palak leaves 3/4 cup
- Sambhar powder 1 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala powder 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric Powder 1/2 tsp
- Jeera 1 tsp
- Salt As needed
- Oil 3-4 tbsps
- Butter milk as needed for making the dough
- Remove the spinach leaves from its stem,clean it and chop it coarsely. Sauteed the wet leaves in a kadai with little oil, just till it reduces in volume.
- Add the sautéed leaves, salt, turmeric powder, garam masala, sambhar powder,jeera and oil and mix well.
- Add required butter milk to make a soft dough, just like we make for roti/chappathis. Keep aside for 20-30min.
- Make equal sized balls and roll to thin rotis.
- Heat a tava, sprinkle little oil and just cook and toast the thepla from both sides .
- Serve with any simple raitha or simply with curd and pickle.