Enjoy this one of the most popular Diwali snack. There are many versions of making this dish. This is a Swadisht's version.
- 4 cups Maida (All purpose Flour)
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 4 tbsp besan
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup water or milk
- 4 tbsp ghee
- 4 cup oil for deep frying
- Heat the ghee in a small pan for 2 min. Ghee should be very hot.
- In a flour add salt, besan, sugar and hot ghee.
- Knead into a soft dough by adding water or milk as required.
- Divide dough into 4-5 parts.
- Roll into rounds about 1/2" thick.
- Cut with knife into small diamond shapes.
- Keep aside on a dry cloth for 1/2 hour.
- Deep fry in hot oil over slow flame till light golden color.
- Drain well and keep aside.