This is a Maharashtrian classic recipe. This is very delicious, nutritious & very easy to make.
• 2 cups Matki sprouts (Moth Beans)
• 1 Onion chopped
• 1 chopped tomato
• 4-5 Curry leaves
• ½ tsp Chili powder
• ½ tsp Turmeric
• 1 tsp Maharashtrian Goda Masala
• 1 tsp Coriander & Cumin Powder
• 1 tsp Jaggry (Gudh)
• 3 tsp Cilantro chopped
• 3 tbsp Oil
• Salt to taste
• 1/2 tsp Mustard seeds
• pinch of hing
• Heat the oil, add the mustard seeds & pinch of hing and let them splutter. Add the curry leaves. Stir fry for a few seconds.
• Now add the chopped onion and tomato, sauté on medium heat for 5 minutes or till the onions are lightly browned.
• Add the cumin-coriander, turmeric and red chili powders.
• Add goda masala, jaggry, salt, tomatoes and fry till oil separates.
• Add the drained moth beans (matki).
• Mix well and add water just enough to cover this mixture. Bring to a boil.
• Cover and cook on medium / low heat for 20 minutes or till the moth beans are fully cooked.
• Garnish with coconut (optional) and finely chopped coriander leaves.Serve with hot chapati or slice of bread.