•1 cup grated Dry Coconut
•1 cup Powdered Sugar
•1 pinch cardamom powder
•2 tbsp Mixed Dry fruit pieces (optional)
•1 cup maida
1 cup suji
•1 tsp warm Ghee
•Salt to taste
• Combined Water & milk to prepare dough
- Roast dry grated coconut & poppy seeds separately. Keep aside & let it cool.
- Mix all roasted coconut, poppy seeds, sugar, cardamom powder & dry fruit pieces. This is gujiya stuffing.
- Mix all the dough ingredients & make a dough by adding combined milk & water as required. Dough should be little hard.
- Make small puris from dough.
- Fill the prepared stuffing inside.
- Make it into a half moon shape.
- Seal the edges with applying a little water.
- Twist the edges. If have a mould it is very easy to make proper shape.
- Deep fry it on medium heat till it becomes golden colour.