- 4 cups whole-wheat flour
- 2 tbsp Jawar flour
- 2 tbsp besan
- 1 large bunch spinach coarsely chopped or frozen chopped spinach
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp asafetida powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- Ghee/ butter
- Chopped the spinach into food processor using less water.
- For easy way you can use frozen chopped spinach. Defrost it in a microwave about 4-5 min.
- Mix all flours.
- Add the coriander, cumin, red chilli, asafetida and turmeric powder, salt to taste & garlic paste to the flour.
- Add the spinach and mix all together, kneading to form a medium-soft, smooth dough. Add some more whole wheat flour if the dough is too soft.
- Keep the dough aside about 1/2 hour.
- Divide the dough into equal-sized portions and roll into balls between your hands till they are smooth and without cracks.
- Very lightly flour a rolling board or clean counter surface and roll each ball into a circle of 7-8" diameter.
- Heat a pan and put a paratha on the griddle. Cook for 5-8 seconds on both sides applying a little ghee. Both the sides should have brown spots on them.
The paratha is done when both sides are crispy and golden brown .